Below are the fee schedules for the various Permits the Building Department issues. These fees cover the costs of plan reviews, on-site inspections, and other administration associated with permitted projects in the Town of Westwood. Some important items to note on these fees are as follows:
- Working without the appropriate permits may result in the FEES BEING TRIPLED once the permits are obtained
- There are separate fee schedules for commercial and residential projects.
- The fees are based on the valuation of the permitted work including all labor & materials. The Building Department reserves the right to adjust the valuation of the work if it appears to be too low.
- If the scope of work covered under the Permit is reduced (or canceled) after the Permit is issued, fees will not be refunded.
- A Permit will not be issued until the fee is paid in full.
- The transfer of a building permit from one individual to another (for instance, between an architect and a general contractor) prior to the start of construction will require a fee of $500 to be paid to the building department. If work has already begun on the permitted work, any fees assessed will be at the discretion of the building department.